Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Day of Reaching Out

SALT,Jacksonville, Had their ICE Cream Social Outreach at Hubbard House a shelter for battered women. We served 22 women and their children. We started the day off with a Human Scavenger Hunt, they to answer various question by asking other women, for example, Find someone with wavy hair. We had three winners: 2 winners won a book w/ stationary and pen. 1 winner won a Avon Gift Set donated by one of our leaders. She was a young lady, a preteen. She didn't really appreciate her gift so she gave it to a mother. I encouraged her to try and read the book because she might like it. Then we had a Random Drawing by Ticket. That Lady won a Bath Gift Set donated by Lisa.

We also made cards for all the ladies posted on the blogger page under Leanne. One young lady opened hers up immediately and began to ask Pam questions. They had the opportunity to have a very good conversation. She wanted to know where we all went to church. Pam explained that we were all from different churches and she told her where we went. She made a promise to look us up one the internet and post a comment. I hope she does. We will be looking for you.

Next we were onto the Sweet Stuff, The women and children has their choice of Vanilla Ice-Cream, Neapolitan Ice Cream and Strawberry Swirl. There many toppings, Oreo topping, Nuts, Sprinkles,Chocolate Syrup and Pineapple Toppings.

After everyone was served we took a few minutes just to talk and spend time with the ladies and little ones. Many little laughing voices could be heard as SALT leaders interacted with them. Many of the Women mentioned their thankfulness for our giving and serving.

Our Contact Person at the Shelter asked if we minded our pictures being taken,,, we had no idea why until the end when she announced that our pictures would be put into the upcoming Hubbard House News Letter and that she would sending us copies of the pictures..

Our Gifts.....................

To Our Surprise they had gifts waiting for us! We were given Hubbard House Canvas Bags and Visors.




What do you think of THAT CAPTION, "WHAT IF!"



Overall we had wonderfull time, I was ready for a Power Nap when I got home, I snuggled up with baby in the chair and fell asleep.




Oh, By the WAY, A SHOUT OUT TO THE SALT TEEN VOLUNTEER! KATLIN DEAN



THANKS FOR BEING WILLING TO SERVE!













THANKS LADIES FOR ALL YOUR HELP! RYAN WE MISSED YOU!




2 Comments:

  1. Cherie Zack said...
    I'm so glad you guys had a great time.. I hate that I missed it.. Continue the great work Leanne. I knew when I heard your name you were the one God wanted in my place!!! God is blessing you for your willingness to step out.. Just like Esther!!!
    I love you ladies!!!
    Cherie
    *.:。✿♫RB♫✿.。.:* said...
    I am so glad to found your blog !! I love I traying to keep one from my husband preaching !! thanks you are added in to my (favoritos)

    Thanks RB
    http://lecturaymeditacion.blogspot.com/
    http://beadingmami.blogspot.com/
    Visit me if you like!
    BYE
    HNDay

Post a Comment