Thursday, March 5, 2009

When Pain Goes Deep!!

1 “Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces; now he will heal us. He has injured us; now he will bandage our wounds. 2 In just a short time he will restore us, so that we may live in his presence. 3 Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.” Hosea 6:1-3

At Praise AG our Pastor's wife put out a proclamation that we are "Breaking Free" this year from all chains, bondage's and strongholds. This past week I got hit with something that really hurt me. I talked to God about it, cried, and shared with him how hurt I was over the situation. He reminded me of Kim's proclamation and said this.." To break free, all things have to come to the surface to be dealt with." The deeper the issue the deeper God has to go to bring it to the surface breaking us to pieces in the process. This brought me peace because I now knew God was using this to break me free from past hurts.

A few days latter a friend and I were getting the music ready for this weeks "PWM" meeting God lead me to Hosea 6.. Wow, confirmation for the word he gave me a few days before... When we are serious about healing and breaking free God is quick to begin his good work in us. He tears us to pieces so he can heal us.. Hosea says, as we press into him he will respond to us as surely as the dawn comes.

The next time your dealt a situation that brings hurts or a sin that keeps raising it's ugly head, run to God. Though he allows us to hurt he's faithful to heal us in the process.

Hmmmmm........ Healing Salt for our wounds. :o)

Cherie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment